Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread
Though not a strict model for prayer in all situations, the Lord’s Prayer is a rich resource for learning how to pray—a summary outline given by Jesus as a general guide. In this episode of White Horse Inn, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Adriel Sanchez work through the remaining petitions of the Lord’s Prayer and what it means to cast our cares upon the Lord, believing that he cares for us.
This episode closes with David’s prayer from 1 Chronicles 29:10–13:
“Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.”
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Justin Holcomb is a senior fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the senior pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw and the content editor for The Craft of Preaching at 1517.
- Adriel Sanchez is pastor of North Park Presbyterian Church (PCA) and host on the Core Christianity radio program.
Check Out This Month’s Offers:
Free Download: “The Gift of Prayer” by Bob Hiller
Subscribe to Modern Reformation
More from this Series: Praying As Our Lord Taught Us
- Our Father in Heaven Listen Now ›
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread Listen Now ›
- Our Confessions on Prayer Listen Now ›
- Pitfalls on Our Path to Prayer Listen Now ›
- Word-Saturated Prayer Listen Now ›