God’s Two Words: What Is the Gospel?
Bob Hiller, Justin Holcomb, Michael Horton, Walter Strickland
Is the gospel something that we do? Is it something—like a law—that we can execute or abide by? In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland unpack the covenant of grace throughout Scripture, considering the counterintuitive nature of God’s unilateral kindness to us in the gospel.w
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
Check out this Month’s Offers:
New booklet: Law and Gospel by Michael Horton and Bob Hiller
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
BECOME A PARTNER
More from this Series: God's Two Words: Law and Gospel
- God’s Two Words: What Is the Law? Listen Now ›
- God’s Two Words: What Is the Gospel? Listen Now ›
- God’s Two Words: Why the Order Matters Listen Now ›
- How to Do Law and Gospel Wrong Listen Now ›