Throughout history, Christianity has profoundly impacted societies for the better, with Christians founding hospitals and adoption agencies and advocating for the poor and oppressed. Today, we may benefit from these Christian influences, but do we carry on their legacy? Are we contributing to the growth of Christianity, or are we growing out of it? In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland point us to God’s work all around us, encouraging us toward a faith-centered life in the “already” as we anticipate the joy of the “not yet.”
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Recovering Our Sanity: How the Fear of God Conquers the Fears that Divide Us by Michael Horton
- You Can Change: God’s Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions by Tim Chester