Are You Called to Ministry?
In this special episode concluding our White Horse Inn series on vocation, Michael Horton and Justin Holcomb sit down to discuss the call to vocational ministry. Drawing on their experiences as ordained ministers and seminary professors, they answer questions like: What are the qualifications for pastoral ministry? How do you know if you’re called to ministry? When should you go to seminary? And how can we encourage those in our midst we think may be called?
“As ministers, you’re dealing with birth, baptism, catechism, marriage, death, conversion, confession, and prayer. You have people who are peeling back the veil of darkness from sin and suffering and are a voice delivering words of hope and life. . . . To be a voice of hope and mercy and joy—that is unbelievably fulfilling.”—Justin Holcomb
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
Check Out This Month’s Offers:
Become a Sola Media partner in October and receive a copy of Strange New World by Carl Trueman
Free Download: By the Sweat of Our Brow
Every Waking Hour: An Introduction to Calling and Vocation for Christians
by Walter Strickland and Benjamin Quinn, available for a donation of any amount
More from this Series: Soli Deo Gloria: A Life of Worship
- Called to Work Listen Now ›
- Living Under God’s Pleasure: The Christian Employee Listen Now ›
- Your Labor is Not in Vain Listen Now ›
- The Forgotten Discovery of the Reformation Listen Now ›
- Are You Called to Ministry? Listen Now ›