In the beginning, God spoke the world into existence. He made man and woman the crown of his creation, image-bearers of the Almighty God. Humans have a special place in God’s created order. But as we know, it didn’t take long for sin to enter the world, corrupting this image and changing our relationship to our Creator. In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland consider our true nature as those created by God and why it’s important for us to understand our origin story.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
Mentioned on the show:
- White Horse Inn on The Queen of the Sciences
- White Horse Inn on Vocation
- Daniel Ragusa, As Far As Curse Is Found: Nature and Grace in Herman Bavinck, May 26, 2016
- Matthew Kaemingk, Christology and Economic Ethics: Herman Bavinck’s Prophet, Priest, and King in the Marketplace, Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies, 2021
- R. Scott Clark, Are Believers Prophets, Priests, And Kings And In What Ways? May 1, 2021
CHECK OUT THIS MONTH’S OFFERS:
More from this Series: We’re Only Human
- By Nature, Crowned with Glory Listen Now ›
- One Image: Male and Female Listen Now ›
- Where Did We Go Wrong? Listen Now ›
- Nature and Norms: Disentangling Created Essence from Social Stereotypes Listen Now ›
- Restoring Eve with Guest Kendra Dahl Listen Now ›
- Identity in Christ Listen Now ›
- The Church in America in the 21st Century with Guest Aaron Renn Listen Now ›