The secular world sees our identity as something that we achieve instead of receive. They take the brokenness of a fallen world and fashion it into identities in everything but Jesus Christ. So, how do we stand firm when the world pulls us to adopt these broken identities? How do we understand our natures in light of the God who carefully made us? In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland break down what it means to live in Christ’s identity, not our own, and how we can firmly walk against the grain of our culture.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was, and Who God Has Always Been by Jackie Hill Perry
CHECK OUT THIS MONTH’S OFFERS:
More from this Series: We’re Only Human
- By Nature, Crowned with Glory Listen Now ›
- One Image: Male and Female Listen Now ›
- Where Did We Go Wrong? Listen Now ›
- Nature and Norms: Disentangling Created Essence from Social Stereotypes Listen Now ›
- Restoring Eve with Guest Kendra Dahl Listen Now ›
- Identity in Christ Listen Now ›
- The Church in America in the 21st Century with Guest Aaron Renn Listen Now ›