David VanDrunen and Two Kingdoms
Church Life & Practice Government, Politics, The Nature Of The Church, Two Kingdoms, Worldview
For more than 30 years, White Horse Inn and Modern Reformation have applied the Two-Kingdoms theology recovered during the Protestant Reformation to our modern political issues. Concluding this series featuring different views on the Christian’s relationship to politics, this episode features David VanDrunen, who shares Michael Horton’s Two-Kingdoms view. Though they are not uniform in their approaches, this beneficial conversation examines the view of the Two-Kingdoms, the criticisms against it, and its practical application in the church and society.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- David VanDrunen (J.D., Northwestern University School of Law; Ph.D., Loyola University Chicago) is the Robert B. Strimple Professor of Systematic Theology and Christian Ethics at Westminster Seminary California. The author or editor of a dozen books, his most recent volume is Politics after Christendom: Political Theology in a Fractured World (Zondervan Academic, 2020).He’s an ordained minister of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (Presbytery of the Midwest).
Check Out This Month’s Offers:
FREE DOWNLOAD: DEFINING THE TWO KINGDOMS
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
More from this Series: The Church in the Public Square
- Peter Leithart and Constantinianism Listen Now ›
- Susannah Black Roberts and Christian Post-Liberalism Listen Now ›
- Gary DeMar and American Vision Listen Now ›
- David VanDrunen and Two Kingdoms Listen Now ›