God’s Disposition (John 3:16)
The second of the Comfortable Words, John 3:16, demonstrates God’s desire and initiative to save his people. In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, and Bob Hiller unpack this familiar verse and consider its implications for how we think about salvation, fellow image-bearers, and our Christian freedom.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”– John 3:16
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
Check out this Month’s Offers:
Comfortable Words Art Prints
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
BECOME A PARTNER
More from this Series: Comfortable Words
- God’s Invitation (Matthew 11:28) Listen Now ›
- God’s Disposition (John 3:16) Listen Now ›
- God’s Diagnosis (1 Timothy 1:15) Listen Now ›
- God’s Remedy (1 John 2:1-2) Listen Now ›