God’s Invitation (Matthew 11:28)
As Christians, we often struggle to view God as one who wants to meet us with words of comfort and good news. But understanding God’s heart towards sinners is not just a therapeutic exercise, it’s our only hope in the midst of our spiritual fatigue. In this episode, White Horse Inn hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, and Bob Hiller discuss the first of the Comfortable Words, Matthew 11:28, exposing our weariness and longing while exploring the rest that Christ offers.
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”– Matthew 11:28
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
Check out this Month’s Offers:
Comfortable Words Art Prints
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
BECOME A PARTNER
More from this Series: Comfortable Words
- God’s Invitation (Matthew 11:28) Listen Now ›
- God’s Disposition (John 3:16) Listen Now ›
- God’s Diagnosis (1 Timothy 1:15) Listen Now ›
- God’s Remedy (1 John 2:1-2) Listen Now ›