As we consider Christ’s birth, we can’t help but consider his death. From a baby in a manager to a man hanging on a cross, it is through Jesus’s life, death, and resurrection that we find the hope and joy we sing about at Christmas. In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland reflect on The Song of Simeon, recognizing God’s faithfulness and Jesus’s redemptive purpose.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony by Richard Bauchman (EP 4)