Genesis: Just Another Creation Myth?
The first few chapters in Genesis are some of the most hotly debated in Christian circles. What did Moses intend for his readers to understand when he penned the Bible’s creation narrative? What did he know about the creation myths of the surrounding nations, and how might that impact our understanding today? In this episode of White Horse Inn, Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, and Bob Hiller model charitable disagreement as they represent and discuss different interpretations of Genesis 1 and 2.
“When Moses is writing Genesis, he’s saying, your God who chose you is the God of heaven and earth. He’s not a local God, but he’s the God over all creation.”— Bob Hiller
On This Episode:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
OPC Report of the Committee to Study the Views of Creation
Creation, Evolution, and Christian Laypeople
by Tim Keller (Biologos)
Did Adam and Eve Really Exist? Who They Were and Why You Should Care
by C. John Collins
Check Out This Month’s Offers:
Free Download: What Is Intelligent Design?
By William Dembski
Subscribe to Modern Reformation
To learn more about the relationship between faith and science, check out the Sept/Oct issue: “God’s Two Books”
More from this Series: The Queen of the Sciences
- Is Christianity Opposed to Science? Listen Now ›
- Genesis: Just Another Creation Myth? Listen Now ›
- Creation: Miracle and Providence Listen Now ›
- What Happened to the Queen of the Sciences? Listen Now ›