What Happened to the Queen of the Sciences?
Concluding our series on the intersection of faith and science, White Horse Inn hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, and Bob Hiller venture into the social sciences, considering how disciplines like psychology and sociology fit within the Christian faith. As they do, they examine topics like primary and secondary causes, mental illness, and what happens when we have an over-realized eschatology.
“If there’s no God to heal, health is up to you.”— Justin Holcomb
On This Episode:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
The Great Psychological Shift
by Stephen Roberts (Modern Reformation)
Faith and Mental Illness
(Modern Reformation, Vol. 23, issue 4)
How Bad Theology Hurts the Anxious, Depressed, and Suicidal
by Joshua Cayetano
Check Out This Month’s Offers:
Free Download: What Is Intelligent Design?
by William Dembski
Subscribe to Modern Reformation
To learn more about the relationship between faith and science, check out the Sept/Oct issue: “God’s Two Books”
by Michael Horton, available for a donation of any amount
More from this Series: The Queen of the Sciences
- Is Christianity Opposed to Science? Listen Now ›
- Genesis: Just Another Creation Myth? Listen Now ›
- Creation: Miracle and Providence Listen Now ›
- What Happened to the Queen of the Sciences? Listen Now ›