This bonus episode of White Horse Inn is a special cross-confessional conversation from our sister program, Core Christianity. Core Christianity Radio host Adriel Sanchez sits down with Gretchen Ronnevik and Kendra Dahl to discuss how to help our kids keep their faith. (Episode SP013)
“The world is trying to do the same thing as Christianity, just without Christ. Whenever we find, “This is where we would disagree,” the solution of the world is something other than Christ. When our kids start to understand that we are different because we have Christ, they see that provides us with a rest that the world doesn’t have.”Gretchen Ronnevik
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Adriel Sanchez is pastor of North Park Presbyterian Church, a congregation in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). In addition to his pastoral responsibilities, he also serves the broader church as a host on the Core Christianity radio program, a live, daily call-in talk show where he answers listeners’ questions about the Bible and the Christian faith. He and his wife Ysabel live in San Diego with their five children.
- Kendra Dahl is the Director of Content for Core Christianity and White Horse Inn, a writer, wife, and mom of three. Originally from Fargo, North Dakota, she currently lives in the San Diego area, where she loves life among the beach and mountains and doesn’t miss the snow even a little bit. She has an M.A. in Biblical Studies from Westminster Seminary California and writes to invite people into the healing and freedom found in knowing Christ.
- Gretchen Ronnevik loves rich theology rooted in real life. She is the author of Ragged: Spiritual Disciplines for the Spiritually Exhausted. She also created “Gospel Mentoring,” a training program for intergenerational discipleship, and is the co-host of “Freely Given” a 1517 podcast on living free in Christ. She lives on the family farm in Minnesota with her husband and six children.
Mentioned on the Show:
- The Great Dechurching by Jim Davis and Michael Graham with Ryan P. Burge
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
- Confessions by Augustine of Hippo