The Bad Plan of the Ascension
Bob Hiller, Justin Holcomb, Michael Horton, Walter Strickland
The ascension seems like a really bad plan. Why would Christ leave his disciples? Is the indwelling Spirit truly better than Christ in the flesh? In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland discuss Jesus’s gifts to the church through his intercession and his continuing priestly office in which he acts as our advocate and intercessor.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
Check out this Month’s Offers:
New booklet: Law and Gospel by Michael Horton and Bob Hiller
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
More from this Series: The Works of Christ
- Two Natures, One Lord: Incarnation Listen Now ›
- The Active Obedience of Christ Listen Now ›
- The Passive Obedience of Christ Listen Now ›
- The Bad Plan of the Ascension Listen Now ›
- How Will the World End? Listen Now ›