The Passive Obedience of Christ
Bob Hiller, Justin Holcomb, Michael Horton, Walter Strickland
Many people struggle with the concept of atonement. What do we make of a God who demands the sacrifice of his own Son? And what exactly is happening in Christ’s work on the cross? In this episode of White Horse Inn, hosts Michael Horton, Justin Holcomb, Bob Hiller, and Walter Strickland consider the covenantal context for Christ’s passive obedience and speak to some of the harmful ways this doctrine has been misapplied.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Horton is White Horse Inn’s founder and co-host. In addition to serving as a J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California, he is a minister in the United Reformed Churches. He is the author of more than 30 books.
- Justin Holcomb is a Senior Fellow with Sola Media’s Theo Global. He also serves as a professor and Episcopal priest. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books.
- Bob Hiller is the Senior Pastor of Community Lutheran Church in Escondido, California. He is also the author of Finding Christ in the Straw.
- Walter Strickland is Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has contributed to, edited, and authored multiple books in his areas of research interest, which include the African American theological tradition, education theory, and theology of work.
Check out this Month’s Offers:
Law and Gospel by Michael Horton and Bob Hiller
SUBSCRIBE TO MODERN REFORMATION
More from this Series: The Works of Christ
- Two Natures, One Lord: Incarnation Listen Now ›
- The Active Obedience of Christ Listen Now ›
- The Passive Obedience of Christ Listen Now ›
- The Bad Plan of the Ascension Listen Now ›
- How Will the World End? Listen Now ›